Monday, June 04, 2007

Relief and Revelation

Update on our 9months of bills situation: really not so bad. Our total amount for nine months of bills looks like about 3-4 months of bills in Texas. I guess that's the upside of living in a shoebox. An air conditionless shoebox.

That was the relief. Here's the revelation: In the middle of all of this piles-o-bills anxiety, I ran out of hair product. And ever since the ogre at the airport took my new bottle of Bumble and Bumble, I've been bouncing around from mousse to paste to cream...none of them good. Frankly, I don't think the Italians have a clue what to do with curly hair. It looks as though the women here brush their curls...even when dry!! (Ask a woman with curls if you don't know.)

So with the end of each tube or can or bottle, I've had to search for another mediocre replacement. But this time I didn't want to spend another precious Euro on something mediocre--not when I had nine months of bills looming over my head. On the other hand you can't just go around with curly hair and no product whatsoever.

That's when I remembered something a wise stylist once told me: Curls only need moisture--that's all your product needs to do--keep 'em moist.

Olive oil.

2 comments:

hjs000 said...

Let me know if the olive oil works. My hair's curly and I'm always looking for new products. I know from experience that all curly hair is different (no matter what straight-hair people tell us), but I use paul mitchell medium hold lotion and it works well. I know it's not b&b but it may be more readily available in italy.

Anonymous said...

Brandy darling- your Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Cream is on the way! I just mailed a package today. There's "real" gum for Nora, Stubb's BBQ sauce for Jack and all of the mail you've been missing. :) They've been carefully packed using El Milagro tortillas and The Onion newspapers for cushioning.

-Abby