Monday, October 22, 2007

Trip down to Isola Ischia

We've decided to do many more short trips to amazing places because--well, why the hell not?

One of our first was to the island of Ischia, the biggest island in the bay of Naples. It was gorgeous and with the 200 mph fast-train from Rome to Naples, it was a very nice day-trip on a beautiful Sunday.

Here's the map of the island.



The Aragon Castle in Ischia Ponte



Peproncini at the market. Very spicy.



Mt. Vesuvius from the window of the ferry.



Brandy and Jack on the ferry. Photo by Nora--hence the low perspective.



Brandy and Nora on the beach at Ischia Ponte. Photo by Jack.



Our lunch of seafood, white wine, and fizzy water with the castelin the background. Photo by Nora. Nice eye, no?



The sun setting meant it was time to go home. Boats in Ischia Porto.




Our next trip is to Casablanca, Marrakesh, and Rabat in Morocco. We leave Thursday and return the following Monday. Wish us luck with the camels, the souks, and the medinas. My friend Carlos recommends only the funky-cold ones.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wanted to let you guys know that we're neighbors! Well, kind of ... we're back in England!
So if you're ever this way ...

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos. And, Brandy, I love your hair that length. And you have boobs now! (Can you say "boobs" on a blog?) Anyway, I've never thought you and I looked anything alike (you're much prettier) but for once I saw a resemblance. Your photo with Nora reminded me a LOT of the photo I sent you from Homecoming Week. (that may not be good news to you, however) Funny. Love to all...great photos. Mimi

Anonymous said...

You do have boobs...I'm jealous. That was something we always had in common (our small chests). I guess we still have the curly hair in common. You look great and I love your hair also. Also, I think Nora is going to become a fabulous photographer.