Saturday, August 05, 2006

Excavation of Villa delle Vignacce

this is the excavation of the area. we've uncovered a wonderfully intact bath comlex: a hot water bath (caldarium), a warmish water bath (tepidarium), and a very cold water bath (frigidarium).
















I say "we incovered...", but it's really all of the people in this picture below who did the work.

















And below are the managers of the whole thing: Stefano, Alessio, Dar, Sara, and Dora.















This is Dora--the glue of the whole thing--putting the pieces together.
















and this is the view inside the bath, which had some amazing mosaic tiles from multiple ages.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jack, its kate! my dad emailed me the link to this and besides the fact that thats really weird that he found it, it was nice to see! are you going to the AIA conference? i am going to be sharing a room with cat kim, and i think a bunch of other people will be there so if you go itd be great to have a reunion! do you have sara's email too by any chance? i emailed dar about it a long time ago and he never emailed me back :-/ i hope youre having a great year!

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Kate's Dad. I admit I'm weird but that doesn't mean I don't know how to use Google. ;-)