Tuesday, October 10, 2006

This is how it goes when things are going well

Up until this point I've been working part time at Jack's job--The American Institute for Roman Culture. They have actually needed a lot of help, so part time has turned into practically full time. This has been ok, but I'm not a very good secretary, and I don't like being in a job that I'm not very good at. I secured two speech therapy clients through craigslist. One lives over an hour away. Not doable. I visited them once for an assessment, and that was all. The other lives in Frascati (20 minutes away). They pay for my transportation, time spent on transportation, and time in therapy. This is not bad--at least I'm doing what I'm good at, but it's really a pain. It takes 3.5 hours out of my day. I was starting to wonder whether I'd made the wrong decision accepting this job when I went to a meeting at the child's school yesterday.

The girl's neuropsychologist was there as well. She has a studio (read: clinic) in Rome. At this studio they have SLPs that speak German, French, and Italian but they really need one that speaks English. Oh...and one that has experience with children with autism. YAY!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's AMAZING!! So, do you HAVE the job??? Or are you just in the running for it??? Sounds great!! And the photos are gorgeous!! They're obviously fakes and you just produced them on Photo Shop:-) :-) Mom

Brandy said...

There is no one else in the running. They've been looking for years. But I haven't met the boss yet.

Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations!!! That's wonderful!!! I think...But only if the job is good for ONE year only:-) Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes! Sweet! Tell us when you meet the boss, but I'm certain you'll get it. You're the best autism expert I know.